Removal, Cleaning and Attachment
There are so many different ways to do any of this, but here are some useful tips for beginners or people not doing well with their usual methods.
- Remove frequently for comfort, hygiene and scalp health.
- Tie a bandana (not a banana) around your head to protect your eyes from the alcohol in the lace release or the ingredients of the solvents that you use.
- If its a lace unit, drip or squirt lace release or alcohol through the lace from a very close distance to the head, then wait for it to work and then lift off the unit
- If it's a non-porous base, such as polyskin, raise an edge and spray alcohol under the unit, progressively peeling back the base until it's off.
- When removing tapes from polyurethane, be very careful not to tear thinner membrane such as 2-3 MIL types. Don't put tape on membranes thinner than 4 MIL.
- To clean glue residue from lace, push the underside firmly across a mirror, a hard countertop or some cling film attached to either. This pulls the glue away from the lace and onto that surface.
- To remove tapes from lace or monofilament, apply alcohol from the hair side and then peel away
- If there is stubborn residue, use a safe solvent (citrus type) to dissolve, then follow up by removing that solvent with alcohol, then shampoo to neutralize.
- You are strongly advised to experiment to find your best options for various base types over time.
- We think our white glue is better than other very popular glues. For best results use one single very thin coat and no more.
- If you are not swimming, wrestling or similar, and fully expect to not perspire a lot, you can daily bond a membrane unit with GÖT2B® | GLUED® Ultra Glued Invincible Styling Gel (black tube) instead of glue and will probably never have anything lift off. This easy solution is not sweat-proof though.
- To make tape less sticky than it was designed to be, so you can more easily remove it from thin polyskin, apply it to cotton or denim fabric once or twice, or dust with talc, before you contact the hairpiece base with it.